Filmes de Interés Gay


Los Cinematógrafos del Arte Independiente y Cultura Comercial Celebra la Diversidad de la Comunidad Gay Mundial




"This road will never end.
It probably goes all
around the world."


Mapping the spaces between fortune and degeneracy, Shakespeare and street cant, Europe and the Pacific Northwest, and gay and straight, My Own Private Idaho is the 1991 masterpiece by director Gus Van Sant. River Phoenix gave the most generous and memory-searing performance of his tragically shortened career as Mike Waters, a narcoleptic street hustler in search of his mother. His best friend, Scott, played by Keanu Reeves, is a son of privilege who fosters plans of rejoining the moneyed world of his father after gallivanting with assorted urchins and ne'er-do-wells. The beautifully symmetrical story that emerges between the two is one of friendship, yearning for lost time, and sexual identity conveyed with a poet's eye for landscape. The camera lingers on abandoned houses in golden fields and time-lapse clouds, providing what T.S. Eliot called "the objective correlative"--external representations of interior emotional states. We're treated to striking iconic sequences like a barn falling from the sky and still-life scenes of carnal entanglement. The supporting cast is a rogues' gallery that includes Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Udo Kier, director William Richert, and a variety of "nonactors" pulled literally off the street to provide documentary veracity to a film that gleefully careens into riffs on Henry IV. Groundbreaking and visually dazzling, My Own Private Idaho is a stirring look at unrequited love, the search of an elusive place called "home" and life at society’s margins. It is beautiful.

Film Information:
'My Own Private Idaho'

Web: Cast, Bios and Additional Details at IMDb
Comprehensive Website: My Own Private Idaho
Director: Gus Van Sant
Writers: William Shakespeare (play), Gus Van Sant (written by)
Cast, Crew & Credits: Full Cast, Crew & Credits
Genre: Drama
Awards: 8 wins & 4 nominations
Runtime: 104 min
Spoken Language: English|Italian

Film Clip: 'My Own Private Idaho' Created by Mattio351




Film File Download:
'My Own Private Idaho'

File Self Extraction: (For PC) Download files into the same folder.
then click on
the 'xxxx.part01.exe' file and the film will self extract.
(For Mac) You will need a Command Line Archiver like Rar for Mac OS X'
MOPI_se.part01.exeMOPI_se.part02.rar
MOPI_se.part03.rarMOPI_se.part04.rar
MOPI_se.part05.rarMOPI_se.part06.rar
MOPI_se.part07.rarMOPI_se.part08.rar
MOPI_se.part09.rarMOPI_se.part10.rar
MOPI_se.part11.rarMOPI_se.part12.rar

Soundtrack MP3 Files from 'My Own Private Idaho'
* Note: An official soundtrack for the film was never released. The tracks that
are linked are by the original artists. Any help in finding the missing tracks by
the original artists would be appreciated.

MP3 Files
MOPI-01: Bachu Ber-Jean Poulot & Jamie Haggerty.mp3
MOPI-02: Cherish-Madonna.mp3
MOPI-03: Rudy Vallee-Deep Night.mp3
MOPI-04:Mr.Klein-Udo Kier & Tom Dokoupil.mp3
MOPI-05: Cattle Call-Eddy Arnold.mp3
MOPI-06: Home on the Range-Bill Stafford.mp3
MOPI-07: America the Beautiful-Bill Stafford.mp3
MOPI-08: Too Many Colors-Alekas Attic.mp3
MOPI-09: Ovoniam Ipse-Bruce K Buskirk.mp3
MOPI-10: Nun Freut Euch-Bruce K Buskirk.mp3
MOPI-11: Blue Eyes-Elton John.mp3
MOPI-12: The Old Main Drag-The Pogues.mp3
MOPI-13: When the Saints-Elliot Sweetland,Richard Letcher,Vernon Dunn.mp3
MOPI-14: The Funerals-Lori Presthus,Hollis Taylor,Kim Burton.mp3
MOPI-15: Der Adler-Udo Kier,Tom Dokoupil.mp3
MOPI-16: Getting Into Outside-Conrad 'Bud" Montgomery.mp3

Poignant lyrics of the Pogues song~

"The Old Main Drag"

When I first came to London I was only sixteen
With a fiver in my pocket and my ole dancing bag
I went down to the dilly to check out the scene
But I soon ended up upon the old main drag

There the he-males and the she-males paraded in style
And the old man with the money would flash you a smile
In the dark of an alley you'd work for a fiver
For a swift one off the wrist down on the old main drag

In the cold winter nights the old town it was chill
But there were boys in the cafes who'd give you cheap pills
If you didn't have the money you'd cajole and you'd beg
There was always lots of tuinol on the old main drag

One evening as I was lying down by Leicester Square
I was picked up by the coppers and kicked in the balls
Between the metal doors at Vine Street I was beaten and mauled
And they ruined my good looks for the old main drag

In the tube station the old ones who were on the way out
Would dribble and vomit and grovel and shout
And the coppers would come along and push them about
And I wished I could escape from the old main drag

And now I'm lying here I've had too much booze
I've been shat on and spat on and raped and abused
I know that I am dying and I wish I could beg
For some money to take me from the old main drag

.

0 comments

Post a Comment